Cybersecurity is to protect the internet-connected Systems such as various hardware, software and it devises from cyber-threats, In this article, you will learn about what is cybersecurity also types of it and applications of it.
What is Cybersecurity?
Types of Cyber Attacks
malware is a form of malicious software, which any file or program can be used to harm a computer user, such as worms, computer viruses, Trojan horses, and spyware. Once inside a network, malware can obtain sensitive information, further produce more harmful software throughout the system, and can even block access to vital business network components (ransomware). Malware is come under the Cyber Security.
Phishing is the practice of sending malicious communications (usually emails) designed to appear from reputable, well-known sources. These emails use the same names, logos, wording, etc., as a CEO or company to dull suspicions and get victims to click on harmful links. Phishing is the fraudulent attempt to obtain sensitive information or data, such as usernames, passwords and credit card details, by disguising oneself as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication. phishing is used to break your cybersecurity.
Steps to stay Secure?
- Use Anti-Virus Protection & Firewall to protect your home and office wifi network.
- Keep your all software up to date, because an update of software fixes various bugs and errors.
- Use a strong password and use a password manager to save your password.
- Use two-factor authentication and multi-factor authentication to stay secure.
- Keep yourself updated on the latest cyber attacks and cyber breaches.
- Don’t visit the fraud website and don’t get into a fraud discounted coupon.
- use only the license version of the software, don’t use a free or cracked version of the software because it comes with various malware.
- don’t use public wifi for a transaction on the bank or any bank-related work.
- see your bank account statement on regular basis and stay updated to charge that applied on your bank account.